Barrier-free doors are not only a critical factor for public buildings, but are also used in sanitary facilities, in health care and in residential areas. They allow everyone, whatever their physical ability, easy access to the room or building - without help from others. If barrier-free doors also represent escape and rescue routes, in event of danger, persons with restricted ability must also be able to leave the building quickly and without any problem. For this, Schörghuber has certified barrier-free door solutions in its product range. These have been tested successfully for barrier freedom as a complete door set in accordance with DIN 18040 with regards to the operating forces and torques as well as the opening torques.
Being one of the first manufacturers, Schörghuber offers door solutions tested and certified for accessibility. In contrast to other providers, we have tested and certified the complete set with door leaf, frame, lever handle, lock, hinges, door closer and floor seal. In doing so, the operating forces of the doors have been tested in accordance with DIN EN 12217. This provides information about how much force is required to open a door. For fire-protection doors, this also applies against the force of a door closer, for example. The result of the test procedure: all tested Schörghuber door sets have achieved class 3 required according to this standard and thus are assessed as accessible in accordance with DIN 18040.
Barrier-free doors must be clearly marked, distinguished from the wall by contrasting colours, have a sufficient size and be easy to operate. Discover the diversity of our tested and certified, barrier-free doors – from hinged doors to the space saving sliding doors. Here you can also decide on the design of the door and frame as well as additional functions such as fire-protection, smoke-protection, acoustic rating or radiation-protection.
• Application: hotel doors, corridor doors, apartment entrance doors, sliding doors and much more.
• Functions: T30 and T90 fire-protection, smoke-protection, acoustic rating Rw,P = 32, 37, 42 dB, break-in-resistance RC 2, RC 3
• Version: single- and double-leaf barrier-free doors
• Door thicknesses: 42 mm, 50 mm, 70 mm, 73 mm
• Frames: wood, steel and aluminium frames
• Additional equipment: locks with and without panic function, multi-point locking, vision panels, adjustable strike plates, lever handles in different designs, surface-mounted and concealed door closers